Punishing Trauma Symposium: Contextualizing Childhood Adversities Punishing Trauma – Public
Workshops & Trainings
Dr. Joseph has worked in schools across the country and has provided diversity, anti-bias, and anti-bullying trainings for students, educators and staff. Most recently, Dr. Joseph delivered trainings on school discipline disparities and interventions, the effects of bias and socio-historical trauma on student well-being and most recently the intersection school discipline practices and socio-emotional interventions. If you would like any of these workshops in your school or organization, please contact her at email@example.com and she can customize a training, workshop, or keynote speech according to your need.
Select Past Workshops/ Trainings
- Title: Tying it all together: How restorative practices, culture and trauma informed care intersect. Organization: Freedom Schools / Knox County Employees (One session 150+ people).
- Title: School Discipline: Trauma, Race, and Intersectionality. Organization: Children’s Defense Fund/Freedom Schools. (Two sessions of 40 people each)
Select Past Consultations for the Anti-Defamation League
- Delivered the “A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute” training. Organization: Barbershop Harmony Society
- Delivered four sessions of ADL’s No Place for Hate ®curriculum to educators and students in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Facilitated a train-the-trainer program to develop a cadre of facilitators to deliver ADL’s – A World of Difference Institute ® throughout the United States 2015-2016
- Delivered the ADL’s A World of Difference Institute ® curriculum to elementary and middle school teachers.
- Trained student leaders at a Pennsylvania high school in the Holocaust as a Human Experience program which included a field trip the United States Holocaust Museum.
- Delivered four sessions of ADL’s No Place for Hate ®curriculum to elementary, middle and high school aged students in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Delivered the ADL’s A World of Difference Institute ® curriculum to high school student leaders in Ohio.
- Trained early childhood educators in the Miller Early Childhood Education ® program curriculum at the annual Pittsburgh Association for the Education of Young Children Conference.
- Trained early childhood educators in the Miller Early Childhood Education ® program curriculum for Pittsburgh Public Schools.